You + Us
You love the arts, enjoy helping people, have something to offer, want to make a difference. Together with WLA, we can help artists thrive! Our services help films get made, books published, artwork sold. And we couldn’t do it without you!
Here’s a sample of volunteer opportunities for students (high school, undergraduate, and graduate), attorneys, artists. Contact us get involved!
Arts Legal Clinics & Referral Services
- Attorneys to offer legal advice to artists or representatives of arts organizations, in areas of including contract review, non-profit issues, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues. We ask clinic volunteer attorneys to have minimum 3 years IP practice experience. WLA carries professional liability insurance for clinic volunteers.
- Greeters to welcome clients, coordinate paperwork, and receive payments.
- Clinic scheduler to process requests for clinic appointments. Great for law students or attorneys!
- Plan our monthly legal education workshops for artists and attorneys. We’re especially looking for artists to join this committee.
Communications & Events
- Organize events like our end-of-the-year members party, and smaller WLA social events throughout the year.
- Spread the word about WLA! Write press releases, e-blasts, social media posts and correspond with our donors!
- Writers for blog posts on topics where art and law intersect.
- Writers for artist-focused FAQs.
- Webmaster services to help keep our website spiffy.
- Join our list to speak at art organization events regarding intellectual property.
- Advocate for us by advertising the Speaker’s Bureau to art organizations.