We’re pleased to present the Intellectual Property Fundamentals workshop with speaker Jim Vana of Perkins Coie LLP. Jim is a long-time volunteer in our Arts Legal Clinic and a former WLA Board member. His WLA clients always remark how much clarity they received from talking with him, and he’s a highly-reviewed speaker at WLA workshops.
Whether you’re an artist, or attorney serving clients in creative professions, you will leave this 90-minute workshop with a better understanding of how to protect creative work.
Key points will include:
- the law as it relates to your work
- the differences between copyrights, trademarks and patents
- copyright and trademark registration, including the benefits of registration and the costs, and
- who owns the copyright in a work created by more than one person and in works created in the course of employment.
Bring your questions – this is an excellent introductory seminar for all artists, and for attorneys whose clients include artists.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
check-in opens at 12:45 pm
Perkins Coie LLP
1201 Third Avenue, Suite 4900
Seattle WA 98101
- Artists $15 / $12 WLA Classic and Student Members
- Attorneys $50 / $42 WLA Classic Members
- WLA Studio Members admitted free! Advance registration is requested.
[button link=”http://ipfun2014.bpt.me” size=”small” variation=”red” align=”none” target=”blank”]Purchase Tickets Online[/button]
Continuing Legal Education
1.5 credits, WSBA MCLE Activity ID 379378